Fulwood Hall Hospital’s physiotherapy team, many of which have worked within the professional sporting world, provide a high level of competence and expertise in understanding the restoration of physical movement following injury.
The hospital’s team will advise and provide a course of treatment to rehabilitate most sports injuries and restore performance quickly and effectively.
The hospital provides access to the latest cybex-isokinetic equipment, one of the latest means of improving the efficacy of post injury rehabilitation. This equipment accurately measures areas and levels of muscle strength, power, fatigue and imbalance, meaning that treatment can be targeted effectively.
Areas of the body that can be tested include:
Test results enable trained physiotherapists to compile an efficient treatment programme and continuously assess recovery progress.
Other treatments that can be offered for sports injury:
- Mobilisation and manipulation
- Electrotherapy (including ultrasound)
- Bio-feedback (retraining muscles using computer analysis)
- Therapeutic massage
- Exercises, training advice and core stability training
- Diagrams and training advice can be emailed to patients after assessment
- Clinical pilates for core strength and posture correction
- Holistic therapies
- Nutrition and fitness advice